The GV-NVR (Network Video Recorder) records video and audio data over TCP/IP networks. With up to 32 channels of pure IP surveillance, the GV-NVR offers the same functions as GV-Series Surveillance System. From monitoring features to video analytics as well as integration with LPR, POS/ATM and Access Control systems, it stands as one of the most comprehensive IP surveillance software in the security market.
Combined with GeoVision IP camera, the GV-NVR takes advantage of a better image quality thanks to the progressive scan technology and allows advanced video features such as Picture-In-Picture and Picture-And-Picture. Compatibility with a wide range of third party IP cameras makes the GV-NVR the ultimate solution for pure IP surveillance environments.
Built upon comprehensive and easy-to-integrate hardware and supporting technologies, the GV-Surveillance and Video Management Platform is the core system platform that provides performance-optimized video monitoring and various advanced video analytics/control features to support many of enterprise’s management functions. It is a scalable, extensible platform that can be customized and seamlessly integrated with other security system applications, such as:
- POS/ ATM/ EAS for loss prevention
- Access Control for building automation
- License Plate Recognition system for law enforcement, entrance control and revenue collection
- Megapixel IP devices for critical area and mobile object monitoring
- Central Monitoring stations for high profile security areas in commercial, industrial and residential markets
Frames Per Second (FPS) Setting
Adjusting your video recorder's FPS setting can have a major effect on the efficiency of your video security system. Capturing video at a higher FPS renders a smoother video, but the trade off is that it takes up a lot of storage space. Capturing video at a lower FPS makes for choppy video, but it takes up less space on your HDD. Some areas on your property don't require full 30FPS recording and can stand to be dropped to 15FPS or lower depending on what's being monitored. Below is an example of video at different FPS settings.
- Storage: 1 TB HDD
- Recommended Number of IP Cameras: 4-8 GeoVision Cameras
- Central Monitoring Software (CMS): Included
- Internet: Multiple simultaneous logins supported.
- Secondary Storage: USB Flash Drive
- Recording Mode: Schedule / Motion / Alarm Triggered / Round The Clock
- Case Type: Tower Case
- Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit
- Processor: Intel G850 Dual Core CPU
- RAM: 4 GB DDR3 1333MHZ
- Dual Network Port
- Software Version: GeoVision Software Version 8.5
*This NVR works with GeoVision Cameras. Some third party brands supported.
Disclaimer: This product is built by GeoVision and designed to work with other GeoVision products. While it may support other brands, this product should be used with GeoVision products for best results. If you have questions about compatibility, please contact us via the Live Chat feature, the form on our contact page, or call 800-997-8460 to speak with one of our security experts.