GeoVision GV-BX5300-8F Overview
The GeoVision GV-BX5300-8F is a box IP camera that features a 5MP progressive scan CMOS sensor chip and a P-iris lens to capture stunning HD video at 2560x1920 resolutions @ 10fps. The wide dynamic range functionality helps create a smooth, clear video feed by automatically compensating and balancing for harsh lighting conditions. Couple with the 2D noise reduction, the GV-BX5300 is capable of unparalleled video quality.
This box IP camera also makes use of dual video streams in H.264 and MJPEG. It also comes with a built-in micro SD card slot that supports SD & SDHC cards for local or at the edge storage so you don't need to transmit the data over the network. The GV-BX5300-8F also makes use of motion detection, defog, tampering alarm, and privacy masking without any additional software. However, integrating it with GeoVision's GV-VMS software opens up a whole new world of camera features and analytics options.
This box IP camera comes with a 5MP 2.8mm fixed iris lens that creates a 112° field of view (FOV). Like many other box cameras, the GV-BX5300-8F is not weatherproof or vandal proof. It is an indoor box IP camera when it's straight out of the box. To protect this camera from the elements or potential damage by vandals, you'll need to purchase an outdoor camera housing.
WDR Video Surveillance
The image below compares what a video feed looks like with (right) and without (left) WDR on. Cameras without WDR have trouble monitoring spaces near exterior doors & windows because the harsh background lighting washes out details in the foreground. WDR corrects that.
NVR Software Included
IP cameras require NVR software to make full use of their advanced moniotring features. Every GeoVision IP camera comes with free 32 channel NVR software that can be quickly installed on a PC based NVR. This software allows you to use features like object counting, motion detection, privacy masking, and more as well as remote viewing on your smartphone or tablet.
GeoVision GV-BX5300-8F Specifications
- 5MP progressive scan CMOS
- Dual streams from H.264 and MJPEG
- Up to 10 fps at 2560 × 1920
- P-iris lens for auto iris control
- Built-in / external microphone
- Two-way audio
- One sensor input and one alarm output
- TV-out support
- Built-in micro SD card slot (SD/SDHC) for local storage
- Recording assigned by GV-Edge Recording Manager (Windows & Mac version)
- Mini USB slot for WiFi Adapter or USB hard drive
- Wide Dynamic Range (WDR)
- 2D noise reduction
- Motion detection
- Tampering alarm
- Privacy mask
- IP address filtering
- DC 12V / PoE (IEEE 802.3af)
- Day and Night function (with removable IR-cut filter)
- Megapixel varifocal lens
- Supports iPhone, iPad, Android & 3GPP
- 31 languages on Web interface
- ONVIF (Profile S) conformant
GeoVision GV-BX5300-8F Packing List
- Box Camera
- Terminal Block
- Fixed Focal or Varifocal Megapixel Lens
- Six Lens Rings
- Video Out Wire
- Camera Holder
- Holder Screw x 2
- Power Adapter
- Download Guide
- Warranty Card
- No memory card slot & local storage function for Argentina.
- The power adapter can be excluded upon request.
- The signal range and data throughput may vary depending on the network conditions and environmental factors.
- With the standard installation, the supporting rack is not included in the packing list.
- GV-Housing103 only works with GV-Mount300-1, GV-Mount310-1, GV-Mount400-1 and GV-Mount410-1.
- Specifications are subject to change without notice.
Disclaimer: This product is built by GeoVision and designed to work with other GeoVision products. While it may support other brands, this product should be used with GeoVision products for best results. If you have questions about compatibility, please contact us via the Live Chat feature, the form on our contact page, or call 800-997-8460 to speak with one of our security experts.