The H.265 Target Eyeball Dome is an outdoor, network camera equipped with an automatic IR-cut filter and 2 IR LEDs for day and night surveillance. With its motorized lens, the user can zoom and focus the camera from the Web interface. The camera adheres to IP67 standards. The camera supports H.265 video codec to achieve better compression ratio while maintaining high quality pictures at reduced network bandwidths. The camera is capable of providing a color live view not only in near darkness but also under contrasting light intensities with its super low lux CMOS image sensor and WDR pro.
Infrared cameras are great for monitoring low to no light environments. When there isn't enough visible light, the IRs flip on and the camera switches to black and white mode. You can see in the image below that the only visible light comes from computer LEDs and a red sign in the back corner. With the IRs on, you can see almost everything in this 50' long space.
GeoVision GV-EBD8711 Specifications
- 1/2" progressive scan super low lux CMOS sensor
- Min. illumination at 0.003 lux
- Triple streams from H.265, H.264 or MJPEG
- Up to 15 fps at 3840 x 2160, 30 fps at 2944 x 1656 / 2592 x 1944 / 2560 x 1440
- Motorized varifocal lens for remote focus / zoom adjustment
- Intelligent IR
- IR distance up to 30 m (98.4 ft)
- Built-in microphone
- Built-in micro SD card slot (SD/SDHC/SDXC/UHS-I) for local storage
- Ingress protection (IP67)
- Day and Night function (with removable IR-cut filter)
- DC 12V / PoE (IEEE 802.3af)
- Wide Dynamic Range Pro (WDR Pro)
- 3D noise reduction
- Motion detection
- Tampering alarm
- Text overlay
- Privacy mask
Video Resolution Comparison
IP camera resolution is measured in Megapixels. The higher the listed MP on the camera, the higher resolution it's capable of recording. Below is a quick comparison of camera models between 1.3MP and 5MP. While they record in (roughly) the same aspect ratio, higher MP models capture more details because of their high resolutions. This makes them better suited for high risk areas so nothing gets missed.
WDR Security Camera
WDR is one of the must have security camera features. Wide dynamic range automatically balances out severe lighting differences between the foreground and background of an image. The image below demonstrates how much of a difference WDR can make.
NVR Software Included
IP cameras require NVR software to make full use of their advanced moniotring features. Every GeoVision IP camera comes with free 32 channel NVR software that can be quickly installed on a PC based NVR. This software allows you to use features like object counting, motion detection, privacy masking, and more as well as remote viewing on your smartphone or tablet.
GeoVision GV-EBD8711 Packing List
- H.265 Target Eyeball Dome
- Waterproof Rubber Set
- Screw x 3
- Screw Anchor x 3
- Drill Template Paster
- Download Guide
- Warranty Card
- It is required to apply patch files to all the supported software.
- Do not use clothes or any ordinary material to clean the camera cover since they may result in scratches.
- Specifications are subject to change without notice.
Disclaimer: This product is built by GeoVision and designed to work with other GeoVision products. While it may support other brands, this product should be used with GeoVision products for best results. If you have questions about compatibility, please contact us via the Live Chat feature, the form on our contact page, or call 800-997-8460 to speak with one of our security experts.