GeoVision GV-VD4702 Overview
The GeoVision GV-VD4702 is a vandal proof dome IP camera that's built to take a beating and keep monitoring as if nothing happened. The ruggedly engineered IK10 vandal proof camera housing protects the GV-VD4702 from impacts by flying debris as well as from potential vandals and criminals. It is the highest vandal resistance rating in the CCTV industry. The GV-VD4702 is also weatherproof with its IP67 rated camera housing. This keeps moisture, dirt, dust, and jets of water on the outside of the camera where it belongs.
This vandal proof dome camera also performs exceptionally well in poor lighting environments. The super low lux CMOS image sensor lets the GV-VD4702 record in color down to ~0.02 lux before switching over to B&W and making use of infrared light to illuminate the video feed. Once fired, this camera has an effective nightvision range of ~100' even in complete darkness and the intelligent IR system will adjust your IR LEDs' intensity based on the proximity of nearby objects. They'll fade as people or objects move nearer and brighten as they're further away to keep the video from being washed out from "over exposure".
GeoVision's GV-VD4702 captures stunning high definition video at a recording resolution of 2591 x 1520 @ 20 fps, 2560 x 1440 @ 25fps, or 2048 x 1520 @ 30 fps. It also uses the H.265 video codec to optimize how much of your network's bandwidth is used while maintaining high quality video feeds. This dome IP camera can be powered by 24vAC, 12vDC, and via power over Ethernet (PoE).
Wide Dynamic Range Monitoring
Wide dynamic range (WDR) is a vital feature for security cameras around the perimeter of your home or office. This functionality allows the camera to balance out harsh difference in lighting to create a clearer picture where details are washed out or hidden.
GeoVision GV-VD4702 Specifications
- 1/3" progressive scan super low lux CMOS
- Min. illumination at 0.02 lux
- Triple streams from H.265, H.264 and MJPEG
- Up to 20 fps at 2592 x 1520, 25 fps at 2560 x 1440, 30 fps at 2048 x 1520
- Vandal resistance (IK10 for metal casing)
- Ingress protection (IP67)
- P-iris lens for auto iris control
- Intelligent IR
- IR distance up to 30 m (98.4 ft)
- Day and Night function (with removable IR-cut filter)
- 3-axis mechanism (pan / tilt / rotate)
- DC 12V / PoE (IEEE 802.3af)
- Two-way audio
- Wide Dynamic Range Pro (WDR Pro)
- 3D noise reduction
- Smart streaming
- Motion detection
- Tampering alarm
- Text overlay
- Privacy mask
- IP address filtering
- Recording assigned by GV-Edge Recording Manager (Windows & Mac version)
- Supports iPhone, iPad, Android & 3GPP
- 31 languages on Web interface
- ONVIF (Profile S) conformant
Night Vision Support
The image comparison below is between a camera without night vision (left) and one with night vision & its IR LEDs on (right). There are no major sources of light in this room and yet the camera can still clearly monitor the space.
GeoVision GV-VD4702 Packing List
- H.265 Vandal Proof Dome
- Screw x 4
- Screw Anchor x 4
- TV‐Out Wire
- Audio Wires x 2
- I/O Cable
- Installation Sticker
- Conduit Converter
- PG21 Conduit Connector
- RJ‐45 Connector
- Waterproof Rubber Sets (for RJ-45 Cat.5 and DC 12V / for RJ-45 Cat.6)
- Torx Wrench
- Big Concave Hexagon Wrench
- Small Concave Hexagon Wrench
- Silica Gel Bag
- Sticker (for Silica Gel Bag)
- Download Guide
- Warranty Card
- Smart streaming requires either GV-DVR / NVR V18.104.22.168 or GV-VMS V22.214.171.124.
- Specifications are subject to change without notice.
Disclaimer: This product is built by GeoVision and designed to work with other GeoVision products. While it may support other brands, this product should be used with GeoVision products for best results. If you have questions about compatibility, please contact us via the Live Chat feature, the form on our contact page, or call 800-997-8460 to speak with one of our security experts.