GeoVision GV-VD8700 Overview
The GeoVision GV-VD8700 is an 8 megapixel vandal proof network dome camera that was specifically designed to make use of GeoVision's cutting edge face recognition technology. This innovative breakthrough allows this network dome camera to identify individuals in under 2 seconds of being on video. It can even pick out and identify up to 10 people simultaneously. This will help your security teams quickly identify anyone who is out of place or shouldn't be on your property to begin with. The camera also has additional features and functionality when integrated with GeoVision's GV-VMS software.
This vandal proof network dome camera comes with a 1/2.5" progressive scan low lux CMOS image sensor which captures HD color video (3840 x 1260 resolution @ 30fps) down to 0.04 lux. The Wide Dynamic Range (WDR) feature helps balance out harsh lighting or contrasting conditions (bright background w/ a dark foreground and vice versa) so important details aren't washed out or obscured. The GV-VD8700 has an IK10 / IP66 rated camera housing that protects the camera from dust, debris, moisture, jets of water, and acts of vandalism.
The GV-VD8700 has a 3.3 - 12mm varifocal lens which produces a 106° - 42° field of view. This camera can be powered by a 12v DC power supply or via PoE and it has a built in SD cart slot for local storage.
The image below displays how the WDR function helps security cameras clearly record video even in harsh lighting conditions.
IR Camera Surveillance
Infrared cameras are great for monitoring low to no light environments. When there isn't enough visible light, the IRs flip on and the camera switches to black and white mode. You can see in the image below that the only visible light comes from computer LEDs and a red sign in the back corner. With the IRs on, you can see almost everything in this 50' long space.
GeoVision GV-VD8700 Specifications
- 1/2.5" progressive scan low lux CMOS
- Min. illumination at 0.04 lux
- Triple streams from H.265 and H.264
- Up to 30 fps at 3840 x 2160
- Vandal resistance (IK10)
- Ingress protection (IP66)
- Megapixel varifocal lens
- P-iris lens for auto iris control
- Day and Night function (with removable IR-cut filter)
- Intelligent IR
- Wide Dynamic Range (WDR)
- IR distance up to 40 m (131 ft)
- 3-axis mechanism (pan / tilt / rotate)
- One sensor input and digital output
- Built-in micro SD card slot (SD/SDHC/SDXC/UHS-I, Class 10) for local storage
- DC 12V / PoE (IEEE 802.3af)
- One-way audio
- Motion detection
- Tampering alarm
- Face recognition
- Text overlay
- Privacy mask
- IP address filtering
- Recording assigned by GV-Edge Recording Manager (Windows & Mac version)
- Supports iPhone, iPad, and Android
- 3 languages on Web interface
- ONVIF (Profile S) conformant
GeoVision GV-VD8700 Packing List
- H.265 Vandal Proof Dome
- Screw x 4
- Screw Anchor x 4
- Audio Wires x 2
- I/O Cable
- Installation Sticker
- Conduit Converter
- PG21 Conduit Connector
- RJ‐45 Connector
- Waterproof Rubber Sets (for RJ-45 Cat.5 and DC 12V / for RJ-45 Cat.6)
- Torx Wrench
- Big Concave Hexagon Wrench
- Small Concave Hexagon Wrench
- Silica Gel Bag
- Sticker (for Silica Gel Bag)
- 8 GB Micro SD Card (MLC, SDHC, Class 10) (The Micro SD Card is preinstalled in the camera)
- Download Guide
- Warranty Card
- No memory card slot & local storage function for Argentina.
- Power adapters can be purchased upon request.
- It is required to apply patch files to all the supported software mentioned above.
- The signal range and data throughput may vary depending on the network conditions and environmental factors.
- Specifications are subject to change without prior notice.
Disclaimer: This product is built by GeoVision and designed to work with other GeoVision products. While it may support other brands, this product should be used with GeoVision products for best results. If you have questions about compatibility, please contact us via the Live Chat feature, the form on our contact page, or call 800-997-8460 to speak with one of our security experts.